Campaign Finance Information
Campaign Finance News
|July 2012 Periodic||July 12, 2012||July 16, 2012|
PRIMARY ELECTION - SEPTEMBER 13, 2012
|32-Day Pre-Primary||August 09, 2012||August 13, 2012|
|11-Day Pre-Primary||August 31, 2012||September 04, 2012|
|10-Day Post-Primary*||September 20, 2012||September 24, 2012|
|24-Hour Notice: September 01, 2012 through September 12, 2012**|
GENERAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 6, 2012
|32-Day Pre-General||October 01, 2012||October 05, 2012|
|11-Day Pre-General||October 22, 2012||October 26, 2012|
|27-Day Post-General*||November 29, 2012||December 03, 2012|
|24-Hour Notice: October 23, 2012 through November 5, 2012**|
|January 2013 Periodic||January 11, 2013||January 15, 2013|
*Campaign Material (or a disclaimer stating that no campaign materials have been produced) must be submitted with Post Election reports. Electronic filers must send this campaign material or disclaimer by mail.
**24-Hour Notice - During these time periods, any contribution or loan which exceeds $1,000 must be reported within 24 hours of receipt via fax or our website (address above). This same contribution or loan must also be reported in the associated Post Election report.
1) If the filing date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a Legal Holiday,
the report is due the next business day.
2) Periodic Reports are required to be filed until the Candidate or Committee requests termination, and termination is approved by the Board. The criteria for termination are: a) an ending cash balance of zero; b) all loans and liabilities (subject to applicable contribution limits) are repaid or forgiven; and for State Board electronic filers only: c) a completed CF-18 is mailed to the Board.
Notes for Filers with the State Board of Elections:
- 3) After submitting electronic reports, please visit the Board’s
website to confirm receipt and accuracy of content.
4) For electronic filers: “Filing Year” is the year the report is due to be filed.
5) Primary and General Election Reports are required from all filers UNLESS a Notice of Inactive Status (CF-20) is filed.
The CF-20 may be submitted at the Board’s website (click Campaign Finance; Filing Options; Notice of Inactive Status). However, Candidates who are on the ballot in the current election year (and their related Committees, or any other Committees supporting or opposing those Candidates) are NOT qualified to file a Notice of Inactive Status in substitution for the required Election Reports. Please note that Committees that file a Notice of Inactive Status must still file Periodic Reports.